If you’re in the construction industry, you’ll know that there are many times when you can’t rely on conventional sources of electricity to power your building construction tools and equipment. This is especially true for construction projects in remote locations, where everything from tools to equipment for an on-site office would need to be powered by a generator.
Depending on your specific needs and how often you require a generator, it may make sense for you to consider generators for hire from a reputable company such as Talisman Plant and Tool Hire (rather than laying money out on expensive equipment you may hardly ever use).
Petrol vs Diesel generators
Talisman Plant and Tool Hire offers both petrol and diesel generators for hire. The right generator for your needs should be chosen by weighing up the benefits of each type. Generally speaking, petrol generators offer greater convenience, while diesel generators are more cost efficient in the long run to use.
- Compact and more easily portable;
- More common than diesel generators, with widespread use making them easier to repair and maintain;
- Very reliable with minimal maintenance issues.
- Cheaper to run because of the lower cost of diesel;
- Diesel generators produce more power per litre of fuel compared to petrol generators;
- Diesel is less flammable than petrol, minimising safety risks.
To hire a generator or find out more about other power tools and equipment for hire, contact Talisman Plant and Tool Hire today.